28 June 2007

The trip of a life time

6-25-07

I survived my first camping trip! Our Trailblazer trip was amazing, words cannot describe how much fun I had. I was really nervous going into it. All the other incoming 1st years didn't seem like the type of people I would ever hang out with. But, we were more or less forced to bond. Now I have 19 new friends. Some I will only hang out with when we have session 2 reunions. Others, however, I know my friendship with will only get stronger. Jess, Sam, Drew, and Theresa were so cool. Not only were they great at teaching myself and others the ins and outs of camping they helped show us what it means to be a student at UNE. We have so many inside jokes now - no making purple, sappy, the poop glove, highway to hell, shut yo face. One night 15 of us hung out in one of the tents and just chilled. Another afternoon a couple of us were relaxing in our tents and had some great comversations. Dance parties in the van, Ryan not letting me sleep, too many memories to count. ONe that is particularly memorable was my award. i recieved the dinosaur mascot as a spirit award. It was for helping out and always being willing to try new things. While it only cost 89 cents at Walmart - it sure means a hall of a lot. The more time I spend here on campus and with the REAL Trailblazers, the more I can't wait to start school. But, by the same token the more time I spend the more I miss Mount and home. On our way to and from lake mooselookmeguntic we passed Trinity Saco. It made me think of Deacon Linda and Christ church. See Trinity is where - most likely - I'll be worshipping next year. Seeing my new church for the first time made me want to be at Christ Church. It was really bad Sunday morning as I laid on the beach after we did some canoeing. I couldn't help but think of the new service and education program going on while I wasn't there. Dancing to Bohemian Rapsodey, singing baby shark, the dance at the campus center blow out, talking about Environmental Studies / Science, having people be called numb nuts all reminded me of experiences and inside jokes from back home. When I really started to miss home I would sing Elliott in my head and look at pictures from graduation on my camera. It helped a lot. Elliott reminded me of all the good tiems. The pictures reminded me of all the people who have been there for me over the years. I knew that I needed to keep strong and do great things to make them proud. Plus I knew a lot of people from back home were praying for me and that helped the most. I think everything will be ok. I really am excited to start school in the fall, to bring Nick up to visit, and to be back with my friends. but, I will enjoy every minute of my summer vacation. It's Senior Summer it will only get better form here!

GO!
BIG BLUE!
GO!
BIG BLUE!
GO!
BIG BLUE!
POWERCHECK!
::clap::::clap::::clap::
::clap::::clap::::clap::
::clap::::clap::::clap::
::clap::
HUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment