28 June 2007

Summer Reading

So I don't have summering reading (yet) for school. So since I'm not bogged down with reading for school. I thought I would take the time to read some stuff that I've collected from graduation and other occasions. So far I have read:
Jim Caple's "The Devil Wears Pinstripes"
and Thomas Merton's "Thoughts in Solitude"
both very good, and I recommend them both.

My list for other reading is as follows:
John B. Coburn's "Feeding Fire" (I'm halfway through)
Khaled Hosseini's "A Thousand Splendid Suns"
John McDonald's "Down the Road a Piece"
Anthony DeStefano's "Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To"
Dante Alighieri's "The Inferno"
Tim Sample and Steve Bither's "Maine Curiosities"
Barack Obama's "In His Own Words"

That is all I have so far. I'll probably reread Merton's "The Seven Story Mountain" again. After finishing "Thoughts in Solitude" I'm in a bit of a Thomas Merton mood. If anyone actually reads this and has any other suggestion leave them in the comments. If I don't get to it this summer, I'll get to it soon enough. Heck if it looks good enough it may even jump the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment