03 June 2007

Goodbye, Father Mike


So today June 3 was Mike Coburn's last Sunday at Christ Church. It was sad, but he and I had just as much fun as always. He wore his orange flowered print chasuble, it looked great. I wish I had a picture! Since John left the week before Christmas (December 17) Mike has been with us. It has been a great six months and today we said goodbye. He also had the confirmation class of 2005 (high school class of 2007) recognized. I also served the ten o'clock service today. It was great, Mike and I had just as much fun up there as we always do. While some may see it as goofing around, I see it as our showing that we are filled with th Holy Spirit and a passion to serve. And who ever said church couldn't be fun? But, I realized that this was my last ten o'clock service, because I won't be on the schedule next year. It was really weird. In a wayit was like Mike and I were both graduating today. In any event, it has been amazing serving with Mike - I will truly miss him.

Not only have I had the privledge of getting to know Mike, it has been amazing to get to know his wife Carol. She is funny and all around amazing. I will miss her just as much. I always had someone to sit with in Church with Carol around.

Thanks for everything, and you will both be deeply missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment