14 July 2009

Full Inclusion

Here in Anaheim, the Episcopal Church is doing great things. We are striving to offer all the sacraments for all the baptized. Sunday the House of Deputies passed resolution D025 and the House of Bishops passed it Monday with Amendment so it comes back to the Deputies one last time. D025 is in my humble opinion the best resolution we have been presented to get us beyond B033. Deputy Snow does it again!

Yesterday, the House of Deputies dealt with resolution C061. We'll find out the vote this morning. Check out my testimony elsewhere on this blog to get a little bit of my take on this resolution.

Coming soon to the House of Deputies is resolution D012 on transgender civil rights that I wrote with Massachusetts Deputy Byron Rushing and California Deputy Sarah Lawton. There is a resolution on fully inclusive ENDA, inclusive language on church paper work, same-sex blessings and marriages, there is a resolution on non-discrimination of lay employment, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

It brings great joy to my heart to be able to sit on the floor of the House of Deputies and work in a very real way for the Church to stand up for me, to tell me I'm not a second class citizen, to tell me that I am a child of God and loved. More news to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment