10 July 2009

Day 1: July 8

I must say it was a bit daunting to be on the Floor of the House of Deputies. Most of our first sessions was a lot of ritual. But, all and all still pretty cool. Most of my day spent following committees, going to legislative sessions of the House of Deputies and going to committee hearings. It seems as if it was so long ago, but in reality it was two days ago. I did however testify at a hearing for committee #8 (World Mission) on canonical changes to include gender identity and expression to Canon III.1.2. This at it's surface is no different than the rallies and whatnot I've spoken at back in Rhode Island. However there is one detail of this committee that is a bit more . . . scary. Bishop Wolf - my Diocesan Bishop - is the Bishop Chair of committee 8. I'm sure, just like I always do, I was stressed and worried for no reason. I'll keep posting the status of resolutions. Check out the next post for my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment