21 November 2008

Prayer of Confession

This week in EfM we used the confession from the UCC as part of our worship. I really enjoyed the prayer, and honestly like this confession more than our own (By our own I mean the BCP confession). It really hits home for me, and for many others. I think it might be talking about how the whole "fake it till you make it thing" isn't so good.

Forgive me, O God, for pretending
Pretending to be whole when I am broken
Pretending to be strong when I am scared
Help me to be honest with myself and with others
Help me to share my weakness and doubt.
Help me, O God, to be the beautiful, unique, and imperfect person you call me to be.
Forgive me, O God, for pretending that everything is all right when I am silent in the face of injustice.
May my words and actions tell the truth,
And may strength and courage follow my humble acts of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment