30 June 2008

GAFCON, Lambeth, etc.

So I got home this morning from Morning Prayer and figured since I haven't got much to do today, and haven't done so in a few days, I would do a little blogging. So I checked my Inbox and looked at some of my usual blogs, and as you might have guessed there was a lot on GAFCON, Lambeth, and all that political craziness going on in the World Wide Anglican Communion. As I read the emails and posts, I found myself caring less and less. Frankly, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the name of the Church I love being dragged through the mud. I'm sick of the headlines of one lawsuits and court cases, I'm sick of people being banned, I'm sick of people ignoring our Baptismal Covenant, I'm saddened that the motto of the Episcopal Church - "The Episcopal Church Welcomes You" - is no longer true, I'm just sick of it all. I love this Church more than words can describe, and it kills me to see it being torn apart. But, it is time we remember what we are called to do. We are called to be the light of Christ and the salt of the Earth. We need to - as a church - get back to mission and ministry. Today we celebrate the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. They weren't the best of friends, but they still found away to not split the church apart over who should or shouldn't be included. The collect for today is:

Almighty God, whose blessed apostles Peter and Paul glorified you by their martyrdom: Grant that your Church, instructed by their teaching and example, and knit together in unity by your Spirit, may ever stand firm upon the one foundation, which is Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Today and everyday, let us remember the teaching and examples of Sts. Peter and Paul. Let us come together and stand firm on the one foundation, which is Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment