09 July 2008

More than just sex


It's nice to see the Church talking about more than just sex. . . now we are talking about food!

Every few days I spend about a million hours checking my HOB/D (House of Bishops / Deputies) email list. For those of you on the list you understand how easy it is to spend WAY to much time on that list. Well today an email caught my eye with the subject line, "our cookbook". Being a the culinary fan that I am - and having nothing better to do - I opened the email.

Apparently after Lambeth (therefore next month) those of us on the listserve will be hearing more about the HOB/D cookbook project. "Bishops, Deputies, Alternates, CCAB members, are invited to submit a recipe and a short (very short - very very short) paragraph on how your recipe reflects your sense of the presence of God in our midst," Ann Fontaine (Wyoming GC2009 c3) member of the Cookbook Committee writes.

The theme will be recipes with a sense of the spirituality of eating. Bishop Tutu's idea, "there is no end to what can happen when people sit down to a meal together" is the inspiration behind the theme.

The goal of the cookbook is to bring us together not to raise divides such as tomaytoes vs. tomahtoes.

Once the book is completed and published it will be sold with all profits going to Episcopal Relief and Development.

For me this is the perfect motivation to be a little more creative in my cooking. If I come up with anything worthy of submitting I'll post my entry here as well.

3 comments:

  1. Send it to the Cookbook committee too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I shouldn't send in my deviled egg recipe, huh? LOL! (But, dang, it's good.)

    ReplyDelete