12 July 2007

Lambeth 2008

One of the hot topics in the Anglican Communion has been the next Lambeth Conference set to take place next summer. There are a lot of things that can happen at Lambeth. But, before anything can happen people need to go. I've been thinking a lot about Lambeth lately and some of the news that I have read around it. Bishops and Provinces have threatened not to attend if certain bishops go and other threaten if certain bishops do not go. I think it is time for us to be a little less American. As I have said before I fully cupport the election of Bishop Robinson, and I think that he is a wonderful person. But, maybe it will be ok if he doesn't go in his full episcopal capacity. For some members of the Anglican Communion his concecration to the Episcopate is a very difficult thing. It will take time for some to accept or understand or whatever word you want to use Bishop Robinson. Maybe if he goes as a guest it will give some of the others the time to talk to him and better understand. We need to not say it's our way or no way, we need to be open to those who are not as inclusive as us. It will not be easy, but nothing worth it will be easy. Unfortunately a small group will pay for the actions of the whole church. But, as a member of that group I am ready for whatever comes. Because, I know that in the end if we can all learn to live in Christ and Serve Christ together to greatness will be achieve. We will be better exaples of Christ's light and messagers of his Word. When it comes down to it that is what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment