19 November 2006

Macy's Parade Day 1


So After a very nice three hour drive to New Jersey, Lunch/Dinner with my Aunt Mary ad Uncle Joe, my Dad and I arrived at the Crowne Plaza here in Englewood, NJ. I checked in went up to my room and met my roommate Lauren. She is really cool. A trombone player from Ohio. Shortly after we met we headed down to one of the ballrooms, for uniform fitting. We waited in line for like an hour and a half, my uniform along with many others did not fit right. So bright and early tomorrow morning I have to go get a new one. While waiting in line we talked to some kids from Philly, and a kid from Kentucky. It was pretty cool, we all exchanged band stories as we waited. The high light of the evening was getting the funky hat. I think it is called a Shako. It is so cool. But, we don't get to keep them. After that I headed back to my room, my roommate was still trying stuff on. When I got back I decided to go through my goodie bag. It was filled with all sorts of cool stuff. Stickers, patches, pins, pens, pencils, etc. from all the states. But, once again RI gets shafted. So my roommate and I continue to get to know each other. In a little bit we have room check and then it's lights out, because starting tomorrow we have a lot of work ahead of us. I'll try to post stuff everyday. If I can find a cable for my camera I will post some pictures here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment